Job Title Housekeeping
Job Location Barrington, IL
Job Shift 1st Shift 7am-4:15pm
Pay Rate $17.00 / Hour
Job Type Temp to Per
Job Responsibilities: Cleaning members apartments in addition to keeping common areas and bathrooms clean. Greeting all members with respect and in a friendly manner.
- Greet all Members and interact with courtesy, respect, and friendliness.
- Identify, track, and respond to Members cleaning preferences (product use, bed-making, taking towels, and mopping, etc.).
- Thoroughly clean all rooms in each residential unit to meet and exceed the expectations.
- Ensure that the cleaning cart is equipped with supplies and full, labeled containers, uses the right amount of supplies and chemicals.
- Maintain impeccable personal appearance.
- Assist in cleaning of public areas (e.g., sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and cleaning public bathrooms) as time allows upon completion of residential cleaning.
- Work collaboratively with all Team Members in deep cleaning and other assigned projects and takes whatever action is necessary to provide the highest level of service to all Members of The Garlands.
- Assist in the laundry.
- Leave each residential unit cleaned to The Garlands high-quality standards, having dusted, cleaned the sheets, made the bed(s), wiped the appliances, removed the garbage out, and cleaned the bathrooms, etc.
- Preferred two years experience cleaning in a healthcare or hospitality setting, it would be nice but it is not necessary.\
- Respond swiftly to any Member requests or complaints.
- Complete residential unit repair work orders immediately and in a quality manner.
- Work safely and report any safety-related issues to the supervisor or director timely.
- Demonstrate knowledge of The Garlands entire facility and direct Members appropriately, according to their needs.
- Complete Incident Reports accurately and timely
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Takes pride in personal appearance and professional demeanor.
- Must be able to push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, stoop and walk continuously.
- Must be able to move arms and hands from side to side and up and down to clean furniture, counters, and toilets, etc.
- Must be able to shift mop from side to side.
- Will be fingerprinted upon hire. May be fingerprinted if they are doing an excellent job and are asked if they want to move to the hospital.
- Frequently stand, kneel, bend, walk for extended periods of time.
- Kneel, bend down and reach above shoulder height.
- Good attendance and arrive on time
- County and National Background check (can start prior to having the County background check back)
- NO hoodies, no shorts, must wear long pants, black
- Gloves provided
- NO open toe shoes, gym shoes are fine.